Last week we got the news we’ve been waiting a long time to hear… we can go back to work!
On the 6th July Wales will lift its travel restrictions and will allow day trips into Wales but overnight stays are still prohibited. From the 13th July overnight stays will be allowed providing your staying in self-contained accommodation with its own toilet and shower facilities.
First of all we wont be running group courses for a while as the restrictions in Wales wont allow it. We will however be running courses on a 1-1 and 2:1 basis (Same household) and will look to change this guidance when its legal, safe and appropriate to do so.
- All course will allow the 2m distancing guidelines to be followed.
- All our courses will be delivered outdoors.
- No car sharing or lift sharing. You must be able to drive to our meeting location.
- No sharing of equipment, food or drinks.
- We will not offer courses in busy location.
- 1:1 and 1:2 courses only. (Subject to government restrictions)
What courses can we deliver.
Social distancing guidelines will certainly change the way we work but were happy that some courses can be delivered with minimal change. Navigation courses, roped scrambling and some climbing courses will be possible, but good discussion will be needed so that we can ensure your time with us meets your expectations and is safe and appropriate.
All of our bookings come with our COVID GURANTEE and ensure that if you need to cancel because of sickness your money will be refunded without financial penalty. We are also being very flexible with payments and you only need to pay a deposit up front with the remaining balance being paid on the day of the course.
For all booking enquiries please email me Matt@themountaineeringcompany.co.uk. I would love to discuss your plans further.
The Mountaineering Company
you may also be interested in...
- View All
- Business News
- Climbing Skills
- Expedition Reports
- Gear Review
- Gear Reviews
- Mountain Running
- Mountain Skills
- Running Skills
- Winter Climbing
- Winter Walking
- A coffee addicts guide to making the perfect brew in the mountains.
- Inclusive courses for all.
- West Coast Winter Adventures 2019