This two-day Mountaineering Introduction course is your key to learning the skills you need to scramble in the mountains using a rope on grade 2 and 3 scrambles. The course will be delivered by a qualified Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor (MCI) who will guide you through all the skills you need to scramble on steep terrain.
To attend this course, you will need experience with grade 1 climbs like Tryfan, Striding Edge or Crib Goch and will be looking to advance onto more serious terrain where a rope is required. Climbing experience will be beneficial but not compulsory to attend this course.
Over the two days we will cover –
- Planning a mountain day (Weather and how it affects our decision making).
- What equipment do you need and why (Ropes, climbing protection, clothing).
- Scrambling Guidebooks, maps and the grading system.
- Moving over rock (Movement technique).
- Route finding and risk assessment.
- Using the rope for ascent and descent.
- How to use climbing protection and build belays.
- Emergency procedures (What to do in an emergency).
To book this course simply choose a date from the drop-down box and follow the on-screen instructions. Please ensure you only book onto this course if you have previous grade 1 experience or have attended one of our Introduction To Scrambling courses.
Kit list and meeting location.
Once your booking has been received, we will send you details about where to meet and what time to be there. We will also send you a comprehensive kit list which gives details of what to wear and any equipment you may need. All technical equipment like ropes, climbing rack, helmets and harness are included. If you have your own equipment please bring it along with you on the day.
This course typically meets in Capel Curig in Snowdonia at 9am. This will be confirmed on booking.
Accommodation is not included in the price but luckily Snowdonia has a wide range of places to stay for all budgets. If you require information about places to stay or local campsites, please let us know!
This course will be delivered by a qualified and experienced Mountaineering Instructor. All of our Mountaineering Instructors are members of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) which ensures they work at the highest level of professionalism and quality. Our instructors are also experts in delivering fun and engaging courses which ensures your time with us will be both informative and enjoyable. #lookforthelogo
Can't find what you're looking for? Why not hire an instructor for the day on a date to suit you. Click below for more information.learn more
- COURSE DATE DAYS COST LOCATION PLACES BOOKING
- COURSE DATE 04-08-2022DAYS2 COST£240.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACES1 BOOKING book now
- COURSE DATE 08-08-2022DAYS2 COST£240.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACESFULL BOOKING Waiting List
- COURSE DATE 27-08-2022DAYS2 COST£240.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACESFULL BOOKING Waiting List
- COURSE DATE 05-09-2022DAYS2 COST£240.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACES1 BOOKING book now
- COURSE DATE 10-10-2022DAYS2 COST£240.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACES2 BOOKING book now