If you feel ready to take your first steps into traditional lead climbing, or have been a regular leader on easier climbs for a while, then this is the course for you. Our highly experienced Mountaineering and Climbing Instructors will take the time to get to know you and find out what you really need to take your climbing to the next level. You will receive technical instruction, coaching and support to make sure you get the best out of your time with us. Don't just take our word for it though, check out our reviews on Facebook and Google.
Three day course content -
- Climbing grade system and how it works
- Climbing guides and how to select appropriate routes
- Lead belaying
- Climbing protection and how to use it safely and effectively
- Placing climbing protection when leading
- Building belays stances at the top of a single pitch crag.
- Psychological preparation for leading climbs.
- Environmental and accessibility considerations
- Crag etiquette and best practices when climbing at popular venues
The above list is only an idea of what we cover, our climbing instructors will make sure the course content is individualised for all those attending the course.
If your looking for a business that truly cares about your development as a climber then look no further! We pride ourselves on offering high-quality instruction with fun and engaging sessions, ensuring your time with us is both educational and leaves you motivated to progress onto bigger plans. All our instructors hold the Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor qualification (MCI) and have heaps of experience to go with it. We are also members of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) ensuring that our instructors conduct regular professional development and stay on top of their game.
Dates and how to book
We have numerous open course dates that are open to anybody looking to learn how to climb with all the dates listed on this page in the dates section.
Private bookings are also available for this course with 2,3 and 5 day options. To book a private please get in touch via email and we will discuss our available dates.
We also have couples join these courses where one partner wants to lead and the other looking to develop their skills to become a more competent second.
Can't find what you're looking for? Why not hire an instructor for the day on a date to suit you. Click below for more information.learn more
- COURSE DATE DAYS COST LOCATION PLACES BOOKING
- COURSE DATE 10-08-2022DAYS3 COST£300.00 LOCATIONNorth Wales PLACESFULL BOOKING Waiting List
- COURSE DATE 22-08-2022DAYS3 COST£300.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACESFULL BOOKING Waiting List
- COURSE DATE 14-09-2022DAYS3 COST£300.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACES2 BOOKING book now
- COURSE DATE 05-10-2022DAYS3 COST£300.00 LOCATIONSnowdonia PLACES2 BOOKING book now