Our two day Rock Introduction course is your key to getting started in the world of climbing outdoors! No previous experience of climbing is required because the content of the course is aimed at complete beginners. If you do have some experience of climbing but aren’t confident about using the equipment required, finding the crags, locating the routes you want to do and how to stay safe on the crag then a Rock Introduction course is an ideal way to learn. We have a list below of skills that we can teach you over the two days and this will all be dependent on ability and comfort levels. Our main priority is getting you climbing and ensuring you come away with solid skills that will ensure a good progression into climbing.
What can the Rock Introduction course cover?
- Background and Planning. An awareness of the types of places you can climb in the UK and Ireland, how to use guidebooks and mobile devices to find crags and routes, crag etiquette and the work of the mountaineering councils.
- Climbing Skills. Fundamental movement skills and climbing styles.
- Footwear and Equipment. Footwear and equipment selection and how to use the kit you choose.
- Technical Skills. Tying into a harness, belaying, spotting and how to abseil. Environmental Knowledge. The impact of climbers at the crag, ethics, access and environmental considerations for climbers.
- Hazards and Emergency Procedures. Identifying hazards, managing risk, understanding common injuries, how to get help and the role of Mountain Rescue and associated emergency services.
Why use the Mountaineering Company.
If your looking for a business that truly cares about your development as a climber then look no further! We pride ourselves on offering high quality instruction in fun and engaging sessions, ensuring your time with us is both educational and leaves you motivated to progress onto bigger plans. All our instructors hold the Mountaineering and Climbing Instructor qualification (MCI) and have heaps of experience to go with it. We are also members of the Association of Mountaineering Instructors (AMI) ensuring that our instructors conduct regular professional development and stay on top of their game.
All climbing equipment is included in this session at no extra cost. We supply helmets, harnesses and belay devices and will show you how to fit and use all the equipment safely.
You can pay your deposit by selecting the date you wish to book from the drop down box below and clicking Pay Now. I will contact you with course details and a kit list once your deposit is received. Full payment must be made prior to the course or on the day.
Can't find what you're looking for? Why not hire an instructor for the day on a date to suit you. Click below for more information.learn more