The main aim of this course is to give you the skills you need to climb outdoors independently. Over the two days you will look at all the basics of climbing like belaying and tying onto the rope before moving onto building your own top and bottom rope systems and how to use technical climbing equipment. We have listed below the ideal skills that we can teach you over the two days and this will all be dependent on ability and comfort levels. Our main priority is getting you climbing and ensuring you come away with solid skills that will ensure a good progression enabling you to become more independent.
What can the Rock Skills Intermediate course cover?
- Background and Planning. Choosing a suitable venue, how to use guidebooks and mobile devices to find crags and routes, crag etiquette and the work of the mountaineering councils.
- Climbing Skills. Warming up and injury avoidance, developing your movement skills and widening your repertoire of climbing moves.
- Footwear and Equipment. Rock boot fit, selecting the right equipment for improved performance and an introduction to climbing protection.
- Technical Skills. Building anchors, selecting runners, ropework, belaying, holding falls, lowering, seconding a route and personal abseiling.
- Building top and bottom rope systems.
- Environmental Knowledge. The impact of climbers at the crag, ethics, access and environmental considerations.
- Hazards and Emergency Procedures. Identifying hazards, managing risk when climbing, abseiling and bouldering, understanding common injuries, how to get help and the role of Mountain Rescue.
Why choose The Mountaineering Company.
Our instructors are the main reason why people keep coming back. All of our staff are highly experienced and super enthusiastic climbers who spend most of their time outdoors. All of our staff hold the relevant qualifications for the activity's they are instructing as well as advanced first aid and insurance.
All climbing equipment is included in this session at no extra cost. We supply helmets, harnesses and belay devices and will show you how to fit and use all the equipment safely.
REGISTERING WITH MOUNTAIN TRAINING
You can join this course without registering with Mountain Training UK if you are happy to gain the experience of the course without the certificate of attendance, logbook and handbook. The registration is quick, easy and amazingly good value though. You can join our course in Wales whether you are registered with Mountain Training in England, Wales or Scotland.
Click Here To Register With Mountain Training.
WHAT DO YOU GET WHEN YOU REGISTER WITH MOUNTAIN TRAINING?
- BMC rock climbing booklet
- A certificate of attendance for completing the course
- Lifetime use of the MTA digital logbook (DLOG) for recording all mountain related activities
Once you have booked your place we will email you with a course outline, kit list and all other associated information. All details on how to register with Mountain Training will be provided once you have booked your place.
You can pay your deposit by selecting the date you wish to book from the drop down box below and clicking Pay Now. I will contact you with course details and a kit list once your deposit is received. Full payment must be made prior to the course or on the day.
Can't find what you're looking for? Why not hire an instructor for the day on a date to suit you. Click below for more information.learn more