As Coronavirus is now looking to become a more widespread issue, we have decided to issue a statement regarding our courses and events for this year. We are lucky in the outdoor industry that most people who feel unwell don’t want to exercise or walk up mountains, this is possibly why North Wales is currently the least affected area in the UK and we hope that this continues to be the case going forward.
This being said, we understand why our clients maybe concerned and want to make sure we are transparent with our actions and how we will react to this ongoing situation.
- All our courses will continue to run as normal. We are following advice from Public Health Wales, NHS and WHO and will continue to monitor the situation and act on any changes in advice.
- Our instructors will only be working on events and courses if they are fit and well to do so. If any of our instructors present any symptoms, they will be self-isolating for the advised periods.
- Our Morocco expedition will continue as planned as Morocco is currently one of the least affected countries from this virus. We are monitoring the advice from the WHO and FCO and will update our clients of any changes to this advice or arrangements.
In order to reduce the spread of this virus we are issuing the following advice to our clients.
- If you are unwell, please do not attend our courses or events. If you become unwell you will need to contact us regarding your booking, and we can discuss transferring you onto another date!
- Please ensure you wash your hands frequently with soap and water to avoid spreading the virus to other people.
- Our instructors have been asked not to shake people’s hands. This is following Public Health Wales advice to reduce the spreading of the virus.
We look forward to delivering all our courses and events this year as planned and thank our clients for their continued support.
The Mountaineering Company
you may also be interested in...
- View All
- Business News
- Climbing Skills
- Expedition Reports
- Gear Reviews
- Mountain Running
- Mountain Skills
- Running Skills
- Winter Climbing
- Winter Walking
- A coffee addicts guide to making the perfect brew in the mountains.
- Inclusive courses for all.
- West Coast Winter Adventures 2019